1. GENERAL INFORMATION ON DATA PRIVACY
2. GENERAL INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
3. WEB ANALYTICS SERVICES
4. OTHER EXTERNAL SERVICES
5. INFORMATION SERVICES AND NEWSLETTER SERVICES
6. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
1. General information on data processing and its purpose and legal basis
This Data Protection and Privacy Statement is to inform you of how Frankfurter Buchmesse GmbH and the Creativeshift consortium (consisting of Frankfurter Buchmesse GmbH, Mediadeals, Mediapro, MIH, Spielfabrique, FEP, EMC) collects, manages and processes your personal data that you have provided to us by using our online services on our website : www.creativeshift.eu and other related websites, and/or via the functions and contents of these Websites (in the following jointly referred to as “online services” or “website“).
2 – Preliminary information regarding data processing, purpose and legal basis
a – Name of the controller of the data file according to data protection law
Frankfurter Buchmesse GmbH
Mediaproduccion S.L.U. - Mediapro
Music Innovation Hub Spa Impresa Sociale - MIH,
Spielfabrique 360° UG
Federation of European Publishers AISBL - FEP
European Music Council EV - EMC
b – Managing director and head of data processing
Juergen Boos, FBM
JAUME ROURES LLOP, Mediapro
Nicolò Bini, MIH
Odile Limpach, Spielfabrique
Anne BERGMAN-TAHON, FEP
Simone Dudt, EMC
c – Data protection officer of the operation
Tatjana Walter, firstname.lastname@example.org
d – Address of the controller of the data file according to data protection law
Braubachstraße 16, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, FBM
Avenida Diagonal 177 08018 Barcelona, Spain, Mediapro
Derfflingerstr 18 10785 Berlin, Germany, Mediadeals
Via Bergognone 34 Milano, Italy, MIH
Chaussee d'Ixelles 29/35 1050 Brussels, Belgium, FEP
Weberstrasse 59a, 53113 Bonn, Germany, EMC
e – Purpose of collecting, processing or using the data
The Pilot Project "Platform(s) for cultural content innovation" will strengthen the competitiveness of the CCI, through the stimulation of innovation, drawing from existing and new experiences relying on collaboration across borders and established networks in different content sectors. All data are collected processed and used solely in pursuit of the declared objectives of the project, in particular for the purpose of:
- Contacting applicants for inclusion in the Community of Content Innovation Pioneers
- Providing further information about the Community of Content Innovation Pioneers and the Pilot Project "Platform(s) for cultural content innovation".
f - Description of the groups of data subjects and of the associated data or data categories In pursuit of the purposes mentioned in clause e, the following personal data of each of the different groups of individuals is collected, processed and/or used:
|Group of individuals (data subjects)||Data collected, processed and/or used||Purpose||Legal basis according to Article 6 – EU-GDPR|
|Representatives of companies or instititutions||Company details including e-mailaddresses, names of contact persons and information on branch of business, website access data, login data (IP-address)||Collect contact information for contacting applicants for inclusion in the Community of Content Innovation Pioneers||
Legitimate interest: pursuit of the declared objectives of the project.
The data subject has given consent
|Individuals||E-mail addresses, names of contact persons, information on branch of business, website access data, login data (IP-address)||Collect contact information for contacting applicants for inclusion in the Community of Content Innovation Pioneers||
Legitimate interest: pursuit of the declared objectives of the project.
The data subject has given consent
|Website users||Access data, IP-addresses||
Optimising the website
Legitimate interests: Safe operation of the website, optimisation of the website
g - Recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data can be provided
- Companies and Institutions which are part of the consortium that is running the Pilot Project “creativeShift”: Frankfurter Buchmesse GmbH, Mediadeals, Mediapro, Spielfabrique, MIH, EMC, FEP
- data processors processing personal data on behalf of the controller
h – Retention, vesting and deletion periods:The data mentioned under clause f, will be deleted when the purposes for which they were collected, cease to apply, unless other statutory storage periods are provided by law. The data retained due to statutory storage periods will be deleted upon expiry of the legally prescribed storage periods. To be able to promptly comply with an objection to use personal data that has been collected for advertising purposes, it is necessary to keep the data of persons filing an objection in a block list on a continuous basis.
2. General INFORMATION on the Website
Some of our websites may have links to the websites of other companies and organisations. In view of the fact that we have no responsibility for these sites, we recommend that you read the information about data protection at these sites in detail.
This website uses SSL encryption for the secure and safe transmission of sensitive contents, e.g. for the registration in My Book Fair. You can recognise an encrypted connection when the address field of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and when the padlock icon appears in your browser line. When the SSL encryption is enabled your data cannot be read by third parties during the transmission.
Data logging and log files
With each user access, the website www.creativeshift.eu collects a series of general data and information. This data and information are stored in the log files of the server. The following information can be collected:
(1) the types and versions of browsers used; (2) the operating system used by the system that accesses the website; (3) the website from which an accessing system is directed to our website (so-called referrer); (4) the sub-websites that are called-up by a system accessing our website; (5) the date and time when the access to our website took place; (6) an internet protocol address (IP address); (7) the internet service provider of the accessing system; and (8) other related data and information that are relevant to avert danger in the case of attacks on our information technology systems.
creativeSHIFT consortium does not use the collected data to identify the respective individual. This information is rather needed (1) to present the contents of our website in a correct way, (2) to optimise the contents of our website as well as the advertising of our website, (3) to ensure the operability of our information technology systems and of the technology of our website on a permanent basis and (4) to provide the law enforcement authorities with the necessary information for prosecution in the case of a cyberattack.
3. Web analytics services
This website uses the open source web analytics application Matomo. Matomo uses so-called “cookies”. These cookies are text files that are stored on your computer in order to track and analyse your online visits to this website. For this purpose, the cookie-generated data relating to your visit to our website are stored on our server. The IP address is anonymised before the data is stored.
The cookie-generated data of your visit to our website are not disclosed to third parties. You have the possibility to prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings correspondingly; please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website if you block the storage of cookies. If you want to object to the storage and use of your data, you can disable the storage and use functions by clicking on the following link:
Clicking on this link will create an opt-out cookie in your browser that blocks the ability of Matomo to store user data. Deleting your cookies will include the deletion of the Matomo opt-out cookie. The opt-out cookie must be reactivated when you visit our website again.
4. Other external services
To protect our databases and to distinguish human individuals from automated bots, we include Google LLC's reCaptcha service in some online forms. Among other things, Google collects the IP address, sets a cookie and may process other personal data in order to track users across websites. Information on the collection and processing of personal data by Google can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
5. Information and newsletter services
Subscribing to and unsubscribing from (objection) our newsletter and information services
The website www.creativeshift.eu offers its visitors the possibility to subscribe to the information of our company. The volume and nature of personal data transmitted during the subscription process to the particular information depends on the input mask you use. The creativeSHIFT consortium informs its customers and business partners about the offers of the company by means of information. The information of our company can generally be received by the interested parties only if (1) they have a valid e-mail account and (2) they have registered for information services. We rely on the “double opt-in” process. For legal reasons, a confirmation is sent to the e-mail address that was entered by the person registering for the first time for the information or newsletter service. This confirmation e-mail is sent out to confirm that the owner of the e-mail address, as the data subject, has authorised the receipt of the information and/or newsletter service.
If you register for the information and/or newsletter services, we will also store the IP address that the internet service provider (ISP) has assigned to the computer system that was used by you at the time of the registration, including the date and the time of the log-in. It is necessary to collect these data to be able to track any possible abuse of your e-mail address at a later point of time and thus serves the legal protection of those responsible for the processing of the data.
The personal data gathered during the subscription of the information and newsletter services are used only for providing our information and newsletter services. Furthermore, subscribers of information and newsletter services can be notified by e-mail if this should be necessary for the operation of the information and/or newsletter service or if a registration is required, e.g. in the case of changes to the information and newsletter services or changes of the technology. The personal data that is gathered within the scope of the information and newsletter services will not be disclosed to third parties. The data subject may at any time cancel the subscription to our information and newsletter services. He or she may at any time withdraw the consent to the storage of personal data that was given for the purpose of using the information and newsletter services. Each information and newsletter service offers a link specifically for the withdrawal of the consent.
The information and newsletter services offered by creativeSHIFT consortium are optimized via tracking. This enables the statistical interpretation of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. creativeSHIFT consortium tracks the number of subscriptions and clicks on different entries.
These personal data are not conveyed to third parties. The data subjects may at any time withdraw the consent that they have given separately by means of the “double opt-in” process. Following the revocation, these personal data are deleted. Unsubscribing from the information and newsletter services will be treated automatically as revocation by Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V.
6. Rights of the data subject
Possibilities to raise objections
- Any data subject has the possibility to object to the use of his or her data for advertising purposes. Please send your objection to email@example.com or to: Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V., Braubachstr. 16, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Each data subject has the right to object to the processing of his or her personal data, unless the storage of data is a legal obligation in connection with the business processes. Please send your objection in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or to: Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V., Braubachstr. 16, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
In addition, each individual (data subject) has the following rights:
- the right to be informed if and what kind of the individual’s personal data are collected and retained by us;
- the right to make a request for immediate rectification and/or completion if personal data are incorrect or incomplete and the right to receive a supplementary explanation;
- the right to make a request for erasure of the personal data;
- the right to make a request for restriction of processing of the data;
- the right to obtain his or her personal data in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format.
Please send your request in writing to email@example.com or to: Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V., Braubachstr. 16, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- In addition, each data subject whose personal data are subject to processing has the right to an effective judicial remedy before a court or to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.